Skip to content

Category Archives: Robin

A New Visual

Hey check out this map from http://tools.google.com/gapminder/ Play the Income per capita and the infirtility rate timelines.  Incredible. Did I say I felt a tsunami coming?   

A Literate Plea To All Patriots

I am getting ready to move, and all is in flux. It could be said my entire life has been in flux since I was a youngin, but I really mean it now. I had started writing a book, and then found I needed to re-evaluate my approach. I altered my outline, but now the […]

Mysteries of Percents

Suppose inflation was 11% last year, and 11% this year. Is that a total inflation of 22% for the two years? Consider a sample of purchases costing $100. After the first year, 11% inflation means you will pay 11% more for the same items. 11% of $100 is $11. Therefore, you will pay $111 by […]

China’s space junk debris

Here’s a link to an excellent graphic on the space junk created by China’s destruction of their old weather satellite. The graphic shows how the debris spreads throughout an orbit and threatens anything in nearby orbits. Chinese Space Junk

Economic Hitman video

If you haven’t read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, you oughtta. And till you do, here’s some video of John Perkins speaking at a Veterans for Peace event late last year. He gives some excellent background on the US and Middle East connections that are relevant to today. This guy’s amazing and I’m glad […]

Virtual Speak N Spell sounds

This is a supposedly “circuit bent” S n S

A Pretty Good Shot

In the September 4, 2006 issue of Space News, Thomas Christie, the former chief weapons tester at the Pentagon, was quoted as saying the Ground Based Mid-course Defense System “likely would have less than a 20% chance of shooting down an incoming missile from North Korea”. When asked his take on the system’s effectiveness, the […]

Space Race Part II

Recent headlines about the destruction of a Chinese weather satellite by one of their own missiles had US officials quoted in wide-eyed surprise claiming the act threatened US-China relations and escalated the weaponization of space. Of course, the hundreds of billions of dollars the US has spent on ballistic missile defense and research into smaller […]

Preparing Math Students for a World of Collapse

I have been a math teacher since 1991 when I taught my first algebra class at Philadelphia Community College. I had just received my Bachelors degree in Physics. Bolstered by my girlfriend Val’s seemingly cushy part-time employment as a math instructor, and the fact that the math department was in quick need of an algebra […]

Back home after holiday visits, and, reflection…..

This year, I’ve made a huge move to another town, knowing no one, all by myself, with the goal of changing my life. I left a huge metropolitan area for a small town; a steady paycheck for part-time chump change. Friends and family were left behind, and only the unknown lay before me. At 45 […]